St. Anthony's Parish
St. Anthony’s Church was built in response to the pastoral needs of the Portuguese Community in Warwick. The Solemn Blessing and Dedication of the present St. Anthony’s Church took place on the 8th December 1957 by Bishop Robert Dehler, C.R. The name of the church, St. Anthony, reflected the devotion of the Portuguese people to St. Anthony of Lisbon.
Father Attilio Morelli was born in Pisticci, in the South of Italy, on 4 June 1961. In 1990 he received his Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics at the University “La Sapienza. In 1991 he moved to the United States for a Postdoctoral Position at Brookhaven National Laboratory. After a pilgrimage in Poland in 1992 for the World Youth Day, he answered a personal call to the Priesthood and entered the Redemptoris Mater Seminary of the Archdiocese of Newark. He was ordained to the Priesthood in 1998 by His Grace Theodore McCarrick, then Archbishop of Newark. Since 15 March 2013, he has been released by the Archdiocese of Newark to serve “Fidei Donum” (Gift of Faith) in the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda.
Saturday: Sacrament of Reconciliation - 5:00 PM
Neocatechumenal Communities Mass - 7:30 PM
Sunday: CCD Classes - 9:45 AM - 11:00 AM
Spanish Mass - 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month - 3:00 PM
Friday: in Portuguese
Rosary at 7:00 PM followed by Mass in Portuguese at 7:30 PM
followed by Bible Study
PASTOR: Rev. Attilio Morelli
TELEPHONE: (441) 238-1784
PRAYER LINE INFORMATION:
St. Anthony's Church
(26 Middle Road, Warwick WK 03)
P.O. Box WK 532, Warwick WK BX