St Michael's Parish
Located within walking distance of Coco Reef, Elbow Beach and Coral Beach Hotels, St. Michael’s Church was built in 1958 with the first Mass being celebrated on Christmas Day of that year. The parish hall was completed in the Spring of 1961. At about the same time, the adjoining property, then known as “Beau Sejour,” was purchased. The house on the property serves as the Rectory. When the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda was established, St. Michael’s Mission became a Parish Church. The Church’s structural design features a three-peaked façade and belfry in honour of the Holy Trinity. The body of the Church takes the form of a Tau or T Cross, with congregational pews arranged on three sides of the main Altar. Inside the Church, the design is simple with cool clean lines highlighted by a Bermuda Cedar Altar and decorative stained glass window.
Rev. Joseph F.H. Morley was born in Bermuda on 15th March 1959. Fr. Joseph graduated from Mt. St. Agnes Academy in 1978. He attended St. Leo’s College in Florida. On 8th December 2004 he was ordained a priest at the Cathedral of St. Theresa in Hamilton by Bishop Robert J. Kurtz, CR. Fr. Joe is the first Bermudian to be ordained a priest for this Diocese. He holds a Master of Divinity Degree from both the Toronto School of Theology and Blessed Pope John Seminary in Weston, MA., U.S.A.
Tuesday: Emmaus Journey (Bible Study) - 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Saturday: Sacrament of Reconciliation - 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Rosary, Adoration and Benediction - 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunday: CCD Classes - 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
PASTOR: Rev. Joseph Morley
TELEPHONE: (441) 232-4414
PRAYER LINE INFORMATION:
St. Michael's Church
(51 South Shore Road, Paget PG03)
P.O. Box HM 727, Hamilton HM CX